The words of the Cardinal focused on three characteristics of a priest: “chosen from among men,” “constituted in the things which refer to God,” and “sent into the world.”
The Cardinal reminded the new priests that the priesthood is not a career, in which man is the protagonist, but is rather an initiative of God to which a man responds with love. “It is good for a priest to maintain, for his whole life, the awareness of having been chosen…of the grace of that ‘first love’ from which is born a desire to do great things.”
He invited the new priests to foster a relationship of love with Christ and to give witness of the Gospel through service to others. He reminded them that today the Church has entrusted them with a mission in which “God’s pedagogical itinerary has come to completion. Christ consecrates you to Himself in order to give you as a gift to everyone.”
“To celebrate this priestly ordination at the beginning of the Year of Mercy helps us to experience the love of God which knows no limits. Each one of these new priests is called to be a living image of the merciful Father whom Jesus has revealed to us, by reaching out to those persons most in need, to those who suffer, to bring them the light of faith and the witness of love,” commented Father Ignacio Sarre, L.C., rector of one of the houses of formation of the Legionaries of Christ in Rome.
“We are very thankful to the Lord for these new priests,” said the General Director of the Legionaries, Father Eduardo Robles-Gil, L.C. “We have great hope in these young priests as we continue our path of renovation and service to others. It gives us great joy to see larger groups of men from countries such as Brazil and Colombia arrive to the priesthood, as they have much to offer our Congregation.”
The 44 new priests come from 11 different countries: Germany (2), Brazil (8), Canada (2), Colombia (6), Chile (2), Spain (2), United States (1), France (1), Italy (3), Mexico (16), Poland (1). They have obtained their philosophy and theology degrees from the Pontifical Atheneum Regina Apostolorum, and their period of study and preparation – about 12 years – also included 3 years of pastoral work in different countries around the world.
Each one of the 44 priests has published their vocation story on the website: http://www.regnumchristi.org/sites/ordenaciones2015/en/
The newly ordained priests are already exercising their ministry around the world.
The Legion of Christ, a religious congregation within the Catholic Church, has a presence in 22 countries. It currently has 4 bishops, 954 priests, and 836 religious in formation, according to data from December 31, 2014.
Below is a list of the new priests and their country of origin.
On the NET:
Text of the homily of Cardinal Stella (original in Italian, translations in Spanish, English, and Portuguese):http://goo.gl/RdkAO5
Names and Country of origin of the 44 Legionaries of Christ
ordained priests the 12th of December, 2015 in Rome:
Brian D. HOELZEN, L.C. (Seattle)
- Matthew WHALEN, L.C.
- Sameer Vikram ADVANI, L.C.
1. Daniel Egervári, L.C. (Schwabach, Alemania)
2. Vincenz Heereman, L.C. (Meerbusch, Alemania)
- Cleverson BUFFON, L.C. (Paraná)
- Paulo Cesar VALENTINI, L.C. (Santa Catarina)
- Anderson PITZ, L.C. (Santa Catarina)
- João Francisco Borin PETROSKI, L.C. (Paraná)
- Fernando DE SOUZA VICENTE, L.C. (Paraná)
- Daniel Mauricio FILHO, L.C. (Santa Catarina)
- Danilo Renato STRADIOTO, L.C. (São Paulo)
- Felipe Necco Ramos, L.C. (Rio de Janeiro)
- Alexis GATICA, L.C. (Santiago de Chile)
- Víctor Felipe RIVAS FRITZ, L.C. (Santiago de Chile)
- Juan Carlos QUINTERO, L.C. (Antioquia)
- Abel RANGEL CRUZ, L.C. (Bogotá)
- Miller MAZENETT HURTADO, L.C. (Bogotá)
- Rogelio VILLEGAS PATIÑO, L.C. (Antioquia)
- Néstor FONSECA FIGAREDO, L.C. (Boyacá)
- William BÁEZ SAAVEDRA, L.C. (Santander)
Jean-Christophe PONCET, L.C. (Versalles)
- Lorenzo CAMPANELLA, L.C. (Brescia)
- Stefano LOZZA, L.C. (Bergamo)
- Federico MACCHI, L.C. (Ponsacco, Provincia di Pisa)
- Alejandro MIJANGOS HERRERA, L.C. (Villahermosa, Tabasco)
- Jorge Alberto REYES CRUZ, L.C. (Ocotlán, Jalisco)
- Jorge Enrique MÚJICA VILLEGAS, L.C. (Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato)
- Carlos Oldaid GALLEGOS ROCHIN, L.C. (Villarhermosa, Tabasco)
- Luis Miguel VARGAS MONTAÑEZ, L.C. (Aguascalientes, Ags.)
- Álvaro AGUILAR ÁLVAREZ MIER Y TERÁN, L.C. (Ciudad de México)
- Víctor ZAMORA LEÓN, L.C. (Ciudad de México)
- Roberto JUÁREZ ÁLVAREZ, L.C. (Ciudad de México)
- Arturo GUZMÁN VELÁZQUEZ, L.C. (Guadalajara,eJalisco)
- Luis Manuel GUTIÉRREZ ROJAS, L.C. (Guadalajara, Jalisco)
- Julio CASTRO BAEZA, L.C.(San José de Gracia, Mich.)
- Daniel ZORRILLA GARZA, L.C. (Monterrey, N.L.)
- Jorge ORTIZ CASTELLANOS, L.C. (Ciudad de México)
- Gabriel ARENAS RAMÍREZ, L.C. (León, Guanajuato)
- Pablo Yeudiel GONZÁLEZ CUÉLLAR, L.C. (Saltillo, Coah.)
- Luis RAMÍREZ ALMANZA, L.C.
Wawrzyniec Piotr PRYCZKOWSKI, L.C.
- Alberto PUÉRTOLAS GIL, L.C. (Barcelona)
- Julio MUÑOZ LÓPEZ DE CARRIZOSA, L.C. (Madrid)