The bishops of India announced Friday that five priests have taken up or will take up new roles at the episcopal conference.
The Standing Committee of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of India, in its meeting in April, appointed the following Secretaries and spokesman:
1. Fr. Varaprasad Marneni of the Archdiocese of Hyderabad is appointed Secretary for CBCI Office for Social Communications, in the place of Fr. George Plathottam, whose term of office ended on 31st May, 2015.
2. Fr. Mathew Perumpil of the Congregation of Camellians, was appointed Secretary of the CBCI Office for Health Care, to succeed Fr. Mathew Abraham, whose term of office ended on 21st August, 2015.
3. Fr. Stephen Fernandes of the Archdiocese of Bombay was appointed Secretary to the Office for Justice, Peace and Development to succeed Fr. Charles Irudayam whose term of office will be over on 22nd September, 2015.
4. Fr. Deepak, OCD, belonging to the Carmelite Order of the Bangalore Province is appointed Secretary to the CBCI Council for Youth, to succeed Fr. Franky D’Souza, whose term was over on 14th August, 2015.
5. Fr. GyanprakashTopno of the Diocese of Jamshedpur was appointed as Spokesperson/PRO of the CBCI, with effect from 1st August, 2015.