The General Secretariat of the Synod of Bishops issued Saturday a complete list of the members of the 14th Ordinary Council, as follows:
Elected members of the Synod of Bishops
– Cardinal Christoph Schonborn, O.P., archbishop of Vienna, president of the Episcopal Conference of Austria;
– Cardinal Wilfrid Fox Napier, O.F.M., archbishop of Durban, South Africa;
– Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga, S.D.B., archbishop of Tegucigalpa, president of the Episcopal Conference of Honduras;
– Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson, president of the Pontifical Council “Justice and Peace”, Vatican City;
– Cardinal George Pell, prefect of the Secretariat for the Economy, Vatican City;
– Cardinal Marc Ouellet, P.S.S., prefect of the Congregation for Bishops, Vatican City;
– Cardinal Oswald Gracias, archbishop of Bombay, president of the Conference of Catholic Bishops of India (C.C.B.I.), India.
– Cardinal Luis Antonio G. Tagle, archbishop of Manila, Philippines;
– Cardinal Vincent Gerard Nichols, archbishop of Westminster, Great Britain, president of the Episcopal Conference of England and Wales;
– Cardinal Robert Sarah, prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, Vatican City;
– Archbishop Charles Joseph Chaput, O.F.M. Cap., archbishop of Philadelphia, United States of America;
– Archbishop Bruno Forte of Chieti-Vasto, Italy.
Members by papal appointment:
– His Beatitude Louis Raphael I Sako, patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans, head of the Synod of the Chaldean Church, Iraq;
– Archbishop Carlos Osoro Sierra of Madrid, Spain;
– Archbishop Sergio Da Rocha of Brasilia, president of the Episcopal Conference of Brazil.