Too often, the saints are thought of as flawless men and women who led perfect yet boring lives, but nothing could be further from the truth. The lives of the saints were in fact filled with drama and conflict, heroism and sacrifice, tragedy, and triumph.
Created by top Marvel Comics and DC Comics talent, the “Saints Chronicles” graphic novels bring vividly to life the stories of these courageous Christians. All five volumes of this popular series are packed with engaging texts and dramatic images that captivate readers of all ages and inspire them to appreciate and live out their faith more fully.
In the fifth and newest volume, readers will dive into the lives of some of Christianity’s boldest heroes, including:
- Pope St. Celestine V, the humble hermit who was pressured to accept the papacy — and was the first pope to resign
- St. Ignatius of Loyola, the valiant young warrior who was injured in battle, experienced a profound conversion, and became one of the greatest spiritual teachers in Church history
- St. Clare, who, defying her family’s wishes, joined St. Francis of Assisi in his life of poverty and, through fervent prayer, saved her beloved city from destruction
- St. Germaine of Pibrac, the young French girl who braved deformities, sickness, and abuse with heroic love and patience
- St. Vincent de Paul, the patron of charitable societies, who avoided personal comforts and showed immense compassion for the poor
The stirring adventures of these brave Christian souls show that God has entrusted each person with a unique mission, frequently requiring daring sacrifice and heroism.
Appealing to both children and adults, these graphic novels educate, enlighten, entertain, and inspire while illuminating the path of holiness and revealing that a life of faith, far from being dull, provides the greatest adventures possible.