The following prelates died in recent weeks:
– Archbishop Pierre-Andre Fournier of Rimouski, Canada, on 10 January at the age of 71.
– Bishop James Naanman Daman, O.S.A, of Shendam, Nigeria, on 12 January at the age of 58.
– Bishop Joseph Mukasa Zuza of Mzuzu, Malawi, on 15 January at the age of 59.
– Bishop Jose Maria Hernandez Gonzalez, emeritus of Netzahualcoyotl, Mexico, on 19 January at the age of 88.
– Archbishop Jose Martins da Silva, S.D.N. emeritus of Porto Velho, Brazil, on 29 January at the age of 78.
– Bishop Adalberto Arturo Rosat, O.F.M., prelate emeritus of Aiquile, Bolivia, on 31 January at the age of 81.
– Bishop Vincent Valentine Egwuchukwu Ezeonyia, C.S.Sp., of Aba, Nigeria, on 8 February at the age of 73.
– Cardinal Karl Josef Becker, S.J. †Deacon of San Giuliano Martire, on 10 February at the age of 86.
– Bishop Abel Costas Montano, emeritus of Tarija, Bolivia, on 11 February at the age of 94.
– Bishop Thomas Bhalerao, S.J. emeritus of Nashik, India, on 13 February at the age of 82.
– Bishop Magnus Mwalunyungu, emeritus of Tunduru-Masasi, Tanzania, on 13 February at the age of 84.
– Bishop Joseph Devellerez Thaung Shwe , emeritus of Pyay, Myanmar, on 17 February at the age of 79.
– Archbishop Antonio Lanfranchi, of Modena-Nonantola, Italy, on 17 February at the age of 68.
– Bishop Bernardo Enrique Witte, O.M.I. emeritus of Concepcion, on 21 February at the age of 88.