The following prelates died in recent weeks:
– Bishop Simon-Pierre Saint-Hillien, C.S.C., of Hinche, Haiti, on 22 July at the age of 64.
– Cardinal William Wakefield Baum, major penitentiary emeritus of the Apostolic Penitentiary, on 23 July at the age of 88.
– Archbishop Salvatore Cassisa, emeritus of Monreale, Italy, on 3 August at the age of 93.
– Bishop Rogelio Ricardo Livieres Plano, emeritus of Ciudad del Este, Paraguay, on 14 August at the age of 69.
– Cardinal Laszlo Pacifik Paskai, O.F.M. archbishop emeritus of Esztergom-Budapest, Hungary, on 17 August at the age of 88.
– Bishop Vladimír Filo, emeritus of Roznava, Slovakia, on 18 August at the age of 75.
– Bishop Paul Lokiru Kalanda, emeritus of Fort Portal, Uganda, on 19 August at the age of 88.
– Bishop Gaetano Aldo (Thomas) Donato, auxiliary of Newark, New Jersey, U.S.A., on 25 August at the age of 74.
– Archbishop Maroun Khoury Sader, emeritus of Tyre of the Maronites, Lebanon, on 26 August at the age of 88.
– Abbot Carmelo Domenico Recchia, O. Cist. emeritus of Claraval, Minas Gerais, Brazil, on 26 August at the age of 93.
– Bishop Francisco Capiral San Diego, emeritus of Pasig, Philippines, on 26 August at the age of 79.
– Former nuncio Jozef Wesolowski, on 28 August at the age of 67.
– Bishop Carlos Maria Ariz Bolea, C.M.F., emeritus of Colon-Kuna Yala, Panama, on 29 August at the age of 86.
– Bishop Pierfranco Pastore, secretary emeritus of the Pontifical Council for Social Communication on 30 August at the age of 88.
– Archbishop George Hamilton Pearce, S.M., emeritus of Suva, Fiji Islands, on 30 August at the age of 94.