Donate now

Coronavirus Outbreak Triggers Cancelation of Couples for Christ Conference

Had Been Scheduled for Feb. 11-18 in Jakarta

The Couples for Christ (CFC) has canceled an annual international conference originally scheduled in Indonesia this month due to the outbreak of a novel coronavirus, according to CBCP News.

The CFC International Council said that the event, which was slated Feb. 11 to 18 in Jakarta, was unable to proceed due to the spread of the novel strain of coronavirus.

Redentor Ragojos, CFC International Council President, said that the health and safety of the delegates is their top priority.

“As aptly put by one of those who were consulted, health and safety considerations far outweigh financial concerns,” Ragojos said in a Feb. 6 statement.

More than 1,300 delegates from different countries were supposed to meet in Jakarta for the week-long Singles for Christ International Conference (SFC ICON) 2020.

Ragojos said the uncertainty surrounding flight schedules and possible quarantine upon arrival in Jakarta were among their reasons to cancel the event.

“More importantly, the risk of being infected by the virus compelled the International Council to make this decision,” he added.

In a statement also sent out yesterday, the SFC said that while Indonesia ensured that the country is safe and is undergoing strict health measures, “our leaders are greatly concerned about the international travel exposure of all delegates”.

Indonesia has not reported a single case of infection among the 270 million-strong population.

“Let us continue to pray for those affected by the virus outbreak,” the SFC said.

About ZENIT Staff

Share this Entry

Support ZENIT

If you liked this article, support ZENIT now with a donation