The Holy Father has appointed the following cardinals as members of the Dicasteries of the Roman Curia:
1) In the Congregation for the Oriental Churches and in the Dicastery for Communication, His Eminence Cardinal Marcello Semeraro, prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints;
2) In the Congregation for Bishops, His Eminence Cardinal Augusto Paolo Lojudice, archbishop of Siena-Colle di Val d’Elsa-Montalcino;
3) In the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples, His Eminence Cardinal Antoine Kambanda, archbishop of Kigali;
4) In the Congregation for the Clergy, His Eminence Cardinal Jose F. Advincula, archbishop of Capiz; His Eminence Cornelius Sim, titular bishop of Putia in Numidia and vicar apostolic of Brunei;
5) In the Congregation for the Institutes of Consecrated Life and the Societies of Apostolic Life, His Eminence Cardinal Mauro Gambetti, titular archbishop of Tisiduo;
6) In the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life, His Eminence Cardinal Wilton Daniel Gregory, archbishop of Washington;
7) In the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, His Eminence Cardinal Mario Grech, secretary-general of the Synod of Bishops;
8) In the Pontifical Commission for Latin America, His Eminence Cardinal Celestino Aós Braco, archbishop of Santiago de Chile.
Appointment of auxiliary of the metropolitan archdiocese of São Paulo, Brazil
The Holy Father has appointed as auxiliary of the metropolitan archdiocese of São Paulo, Brazil, the Reverend Fr. Carlos Silva, O.F.M. Cap., until now counselor general of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin in Rome, assigning him the title see of Summula.
Msgr. Carlos Silva, O.F.M. Cap., was born on December 5, 962 in Andradina, diocese of Araçatuba, in the state of São Paulo. He carried out his studies in philosophy at the Seminário Seráfico São Fidélis di Piracicaba-SP and in theology at the Pontíficia Universidade Católica de Campinas-SP. He attended the Centro de estudios franciscanos y pastorales para América Latina (CEFEPAL) in Petrópolis-RJ.
On January 10, 1988, he gave his religious vows in the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin, and on August 1, 1992, he received priestly ordination.
Within the Capuchin province of São Paulo he was coordinator of Vocational and Missionary Pastoral Care (1996-2004). In 2004 he was sent as a missionary to Mexico, where he held the following roles: vocational promoter (2004-2011), parish vicar of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Yécora, Sonora (2004-2007); master of novices (2007-2008); master of the post-novitiate (2008-2013); guardian of the San Pío de Pietrelcina Convent (2009-2013) and parish priest of the Santísima Trinidad in Ciudad Benito Juárez, Nuevo León (2013).
In 2013 he returned to Brazil and was elected provincial minister of the Imaculada Conceição Capuchin province in São Paulo. From 2018 to the present he served as counsellor general of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin in Rome.