Pope Francis on March 1, 2019, received the Bishops of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico:
– HE Msgr. Franco Coppola, Titular Archbishop. Vinda, Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico;
– HE Msgr. Rogelio Cabrera López, Archbishop of Monterrey (Mexico), President of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico, with:
- Msgr. Carlos Garfias Merlos, Archbishop of Morelia, Vice President;
- Msgr. Alfonso Gerardo Miranda Guardiola, Titular Bishop. of Idicra, Auxiliary of Monterrey, General Secretary;
- Msgr. Ramon Castro Castro, Bishop of Cuernavaca, General Treasurer.
According to a statement on the bishops’ website, the meeting with the Holy Father included several topics including efforts to protect minors in the wake of the February 21-24 abuse summit in Rome, migration, and efforts to promote peace.